Music.Perth.Australia.World.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

When It All Just Seems Too Much....


Sometimes you listen to too much music that you think you should, rather than music you really want to listen to, it makes you lose enthusiasm for music. Does anyone else find this? I sometimes really think I only listen to albums just so I can say I have. Anyway babbbbles.....

After to listening to the genius that is Carles from Hipster Run Off's classic remix of Nude by Radiohead, I was thinking to myself "If I was an original, cool-as-fuck music artist, who would I want, besides Carles, to remix my track?"

Radiohead - Nude (Hipster Runoff Remix)

This is who I came up with:

For a playful electro remix I would ask either The Twelves or The Shoes.

The Twelves are a duo out of Brazil that rose to fame with their remix of M.I.A's Boyz and they keep going from strength to strength in everything they do. I really am a little bit over electro but these guys seem to keep it imaginative and fresh and I haven't found a remix of theirs I didn't like. The following remix of The Black Kids is simply outstanding.

The Black Kids - I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves Remix)

And the track that got them started...(I know it's a little dated)

M.I.A - Boyz (The Twelves Remix)

Next choice would be French kids The Shoes. They also do a great takes on indie tracks to make them a little more dance-able. I posted about their stunning remix of Primary 1 back here and now here is a remix of UK popsters Mystery Jets (which my girlfriend goes nanas for) and an orignal of theirs to top it off (which has a nice little "the drums!" sample too, perhaps from The Ting Ting's Great DJ?)

Mystery Jets - Young Love (Shoes Mix)


The Shoes - Knock out !

Enjoy ze weekend, LYA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about listening to too much music! Have recently realised it makes me vaguely stressed, very uncomfortable, and definitely an enthusiasm-killer. So last couple of days I've put a couple of my latest favourite albums on high-repeat instead - and have been loving the break. Now I'm going to have to rely on your blog to draw my attention to anything new that's worth listening to!